Thursday, July 19, 2007

Fish are Friends

So today I had to spend some time cleaning up the bathrooms, which left The Girl a little bit of free reign on the house. The Girl was playing with her toys nicely and coming to "check on me" every few minutes. Well, it had been a bit longer since she had checked in with me so I thought I'd better go see what she was up to. I went out to the kitchen and found that The Girl had found the green fish net, pushed a chair up to the fish tank, and was trying to catch a fish with it! She was saying in a soft, sweet voice: "Come here fishy, fishy" (just like I say when I have to take them out to clean the tank). She hasn't seen me clean the tank in a few months, so I think it's pretty impressive that she remembered how I got the fish out!
She has also demonstrated a good memory in other ways recently:

As we walked out of church in California last week, The Girl led the way straight to her grandma's car, even though it wasn't in plain sight.

Another day she wanted her grandpa to open something so she told him she needed to "snip" it (her new favorite activity--cutting with scissors). She looked at her grandma and said "I need the pink snippers" which her grandma had been using in the kitchen earlier. Then she turned to Katie and said "I need the green snippers" which Katie had played with her the day before.

Katie says The Girl must have a "photogenic memory" just like T (of course, she meant to say photographic).

No comments: