Monday, March 16, 2009

The Biggest Dog Party Ever


We had a fun dog birthday party for our Birthday Girl. Lily could only pick 10 of her many friends to invite and we were lucky to have so many family helpers this year! When the kids arrived, they each got some dog ears and a painted doggie face. Then we decorated name tags (doggie collars) and had a doggie adoption. Each child got to pick out a plush doggie and name him, decorate a doggie tag, brush its hair, and measure him. Then they got a certificate with their name, dog's name, length and fur color. They all loved having their own puppy. Then we had a doggie obstical course complete with crawling, picking up dog bones, rescuing dalmations and tiptoeing quickly to the finsh line. It was a blast. Then the kids all took turn barking and we all barked to the tune of "happy birthday".

For cake, this year I made mini cupcakes. (Thank you Shauna for your help!) It was so nice not to waste any cake, and I didn't mind if the kids wanted two (or three). All the kids loved them and the little cups of ice cream. After opening some wonderful presents from her friends, we all went to play outside (Sooo nice we had good weather). We had a bounce house (thank you Karissa!) and chalk and played on the playground. It was the perfect wrap up to a fun party. I am so thankful for our fun grandparents, and Katie and Randy for helping at the party.

This sign cracks me up. My sweet sister-in-law made it and accidentally wrote "Bow Bow." I think she will be teased about it for a few years to come. Maybe forever?

2 comments:

Monica said...

What a cute party! Loved the pictures. The sign is hilarious. So funny. Happy Birthday, Lily!

Steven said...

AAAHHHHH! We sooo forgot. I am so sorry, what a lousy mother, Bryson was so excited. I even had it on my calendar, guess it would help to look at it. Looks like such a fun time. Happy Birthday Lily!