Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Few Days Away

A few days away... without the kids? Seemed impossible.

Tommy and I were able to take our first trip away from the kids while in California for our 6 year anniversary. We went to Vegas and I was able to see Phantom of the Opera for the first time! It was soo amazing. I have been wanting to see it since I was young. We loved the beautiful Venetian hotel we stayed at and thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in each morning until 10! We ate delicious food (Chilean Sea Bass my ultimate favorite!), saw the amazing Bodies exhibit, saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie (loved it!), and won a few dollars on the FREE credits the hotel gave us!


Tommy seriously walked passed this statue and said, "How is that money staying there without people taking it? It must be glued down or something." I was like, "Uh, back up... that is a MAN not a statue, silly." He totally didn't notice the first time we walked by. Guess he was checking out the money instead. :D

The inside of the Venetian is just like walking around outside an Italian city, well sort of. It is really pretty. We didn't do the gondola ride, maybe next time. We did some fun shopping though and Tommy found an awesome new suit.

Yep, that's right, $47.30 on a $2.50 slot bet. Tommy actually pushed the button. I just sat there. Guess I was a good luck charm.

One day we walked all the way down the strip from the Venetian to the Luxor to see the Bodies exhibit. We thought it would be one mile but felt more like 3! At least we got to see the whole strip! The next day we waited in the cold for a half hour to take a free shuttle across to the Rio, then walked across the street to the Palms to see the movie. Only then did we remember, we brought a car! We could have just driven to all these places. Oh well, it was an experience. :D

1 comment:

Monica said...

Good for you guys! How FUN!! Sounds like it was a great trip.