Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lily's Very Bad Day

Yesterday was not a very good day. Isaac learned how to throw a candle holder on the hard wood floor and watch it shatter. As I was cleaning up the mess I sent Isaac upstairs. A bit later he came down this Lily's music box water globe that she listens to before she goes to sleep every night, without fail. He threw that in the exact spot of the candle holder and laughed as it shattered. Poor Lily. She was "heartbroken" (she said). She said, "How am I going to go to sleep at night?" I felt so bad for her as she just sat there and cried. I asked her again to keep Isaac away as I clean up the glass and water (and glitter everywhere) and instead she walks right over and picks up a piece of glass, slicing her finger. It was super painful and a pretty deep cut but luckily not too wide so I don't think it needs stitches. We put a band-aid on it and after 15 minute or so, checked it and it had stopped bleeding. Whew.

She was super happy to get out of the house and play with a friend for a couple hours. When her friend brought her home, Tommy and I visited with her mom outside (my sweet friend) while the kids were playing with leaves and having a screaming contest. Then all of a sudden they decided to race each other across the street. Lily tripped and fell as we were calling them back, scrapping up her face and lip and skinning her knee. Her poor lip is still pretty fat today. We are hoping for a better day today! :)

1 comment:

Monica said...

Poor Lily!! When I read about your morning, I totally felt better about MY morning! :) Wow. That is pretty crazy. I can just picture little Isaac laughing after he threw that and it shattered everywhere! Sooo sad though!! I'm glad that Lily didn't need stitches.