Monday, August 11, 2008

Vacation Girl Talk!

So, while on vacation, The Girl said some pretty funny things. I'll need help remembering them all so please leave a comment if you have one.

While driving back to Park City from my parents house, The Girl asked, "Mama, are we on the three way?" I said, "Yes, we are on the free way." Then she replied, "I really want to be on the five way!"

The Girl was pretty hard to handle at night time because of long non-nap exhausting days in the sun. One night she was frustrating T and he had said something to her and her reply was, "I'm just a silly girl, Daddy. I don't know anything."

Talking to Katie: "Katie, you should be married. Then I can wear a pretty dress." Okay, so today we were watching tv and there was a bride and groom on (Rock the Reception... have you seen it?). The Girl said, "She doesn't have wings!" I asked, "Do you want to have (fairy) wings on your wedding day?" The Girl said, "Yes." I'll probably have to remind her of this in 17+ years on her wedding day! :D (Seen Thumbelina? She gets fairy wings on her wedding day at the end.)

This one is a longer story but worth reading! Crazy, crazy story. Our last day on the lake, we went out with the Hayes family so The Girl could go tubing with her friends. It rained a little bit while we were out on the lake but it was the strangest rain because it was so sunny and didn't last but a few minutes. The kids enjoyed singing, "Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day." After tubing a long time we tied the tube to a tree along the shore and Shannon was going to attempt to wake board. The winds picked up rather quickly and the water got really rough. Before we knew it a storm was right over head. We pulled Shannon in and went back to get the tube. As we are driving back to the dock it starts raining, with thunder cracking around us. I have to admit I was pretty scared. We reach the dock and there are tons of boats trying to get out of the water so we just dock the boat. I pull The Girl and Emma off the boat and they huddle together on the dock with a towel over them to block the rain. All of a sudden the rain turns to hard hail! It got up to nickel size and stung like a bee as it hit my legs and arms. I shielded The Boy and T jumped up and shielded the girls while a kind stranger shielded Damion. After tying the boat down, Chris got a sweatshirt to cover T's exposed back from the pounding hail and then shielded the kind stranger. Shannon had her little baby next to me and all the kids were crying except The Boy. He, luckily, had no idea what was going on. We just sat there... it was so crazy. After 5-10 minutes I decided I had had enough and made a run for the car. After reaching the car and getting The Boy in some dry clothes, the hail turned to rain and T came running up with The Girl. She told him on the way up, "It's just a really bad day." In the car The Girl started singing, "Ice, ice, go away. Come again another day." Needless to say, we all survived and have a crazy story to share for years to come. I just hope we don't ever have to TOP this story.

2 comments:

shaunawolfe said...

Another Lily comment - while watching the gardener edge the grass with a wead-eater. "Daddy, that man is playing with your toy."

Kirsti said...

Another cute lilyism: "I love my rain cone" (referring to her snowcone)