Friday, March 19, 2010

Lily the 5-year-old


I can't believe it! My little baby turned 5 this week. It has been a fun and busy week and we are looking forward to a party with a few friends tomorrow. Instead of inviting all the kids her age, like I do most years, we are just inviting 5 girl friends for a PRINCESS PARTY. Look forward to that post later this weekend.

Here are some shots from this week... shots... yes, ahem, Lily had to go in first thing on her birthday to get her shots for Kindergarten. She wanted to be so brave. It was cute to see how nervous she was and sad to see how much they hurt. Four shots, two in each leg. At about 3 p.m. they started hurting her really bad and it took an hour or two for the Tylenol to start helping. I had to carry my sweet baby around that night and the next morning she didn't even want to walk. We went into the hot tub to help loosen them up and that seemed to help get her through preschool. What an ordeal! Note to self: Don't take your child into the doctors for shots on their birthday! Dance class was no fun either. Today was a much better day so I'm glad to have my walking girl back. Here is a picture Isaac took at the doctor's office. It was the only thing I had to keep him entertained, since all the doctor's toys weren't working that day.

We were lucky to have cupcakes brought to us by our meal group! What a great birthday surprise. :D

She was so excited to open presents when her Daddy got home from work.
For her main present, I found this great wooden dollhouse on craigslist for only $25 and it included a ton of furniture and a family of four. It needs to be painted over since there are some crayon marks all over the outside, but everything else is in great shape. Here is Lily unwrapping it... nice blanket wrapping job, eh? Isaac was having a hard time with Lily having so many presents to open.

I'm looking forward to "wallpapering" the walls and making some bedding for the beds and stuff. It will be a fun house to grow with her. Her grandparents bought the third story to add to the bottom that Tommy gets to build this weekend. :D So fun!

She got some fun dress up clothes... her favorite!

My sister Amy made the dress below for Lily. She loves how it sparkles! Great job sis!

This was Lily just a few minutes ago. I guess it has been a long week. She was dead asleep. :D

Funny story from earlier today... We were driving in the car and passed a Lowe's.
She said, "How come there are two Lowe's in Boise?"
I said, "There are lots of Lowe's all over the United States. They build the stores close to the people so that it is easy for them to shop there."
"Well that is really nice of them! That is so nice of them to put Lowe's on all the planets."
"There aren't any Lowe's on any of the other planets. Just Earth."
"Well, what about Jupiter? Aren't there any Lowe's on Jupiter?"
"Nope. There are only Lowe's on Earth because there are only people on Earth. There aren't any people on any of the other planets."
"Oh. Well I want to live on Jupiter with my family someday."
I replied, "Heavenly Father made Earth a special planet for all the people to live on."
Aren't we lucky? :D

1 comment:

Kirsti said...

What a cute story and FUN pictures! It was really fun to do webcam with her/you! :)