
After our California trip we drove up to Utah. I had to take Tommy to the airport so he could get back to work. I'm so grateful he has such a good job and works so hard for our family, though I wish he could have stayed and had more fun with us. We got to go up to the mountains and attend a family reunion for my mom's side of the family. There were over 150 people there and it was really fun to meet new family and see family we don't see very often.

Lily quickly became best friends with my cousin's daughter Abryella. They went everywhere together and when they didn't they were sure asking about each other. She also enjoyed playing with her cousin Trevyn. The kids had fun playing in the stream by our camp ground and a nice playground. It was SUPER hot! They also enjoyed the fun carnival games and prizes and the cool "candy cannon" that my mom's cousin Curtis did for the kids. Lily won at Bingo and was super excited about that! Another day we had an auction with homemade crafts or small kids toys for people to bid on. Lily enjoyed bidding and won a couple dolls, a homemade doll's sleeping bag, a baseball mit and ball for Isaac, and a "magic" wand. I think everyone liked the purses and birthday banner I made, but I was off chasing after the kids. Isaac enjoyed walking through the woods, collecting "nature" in his pockets. We were lucky to get to leave the mountain at night to sleep in a hotel. That's my kind of camping!
Lily also got to have her first taste of roasting marshmallows. She was a little shy about putting her marshmallow low enough so I did most of the roasting for her and she did the eating. Isaac was content to eat the un-roasted marshmallows so I let that be. We had a fun first camping experience and were glad to do it with my mom and sisters and family.








After camping we got spend a night with my parents and have a yummy tuna feast with my family. We played a couple games of "Walk the Dogs" with the kids, which is Lily's favorite game. She is so stinkin' good at it too! After an exhausting week in the sun I was sad to leave my family but ready to get back home to my husband and my bed. Hopefully I can get the kiddos back on a schedule this week and get them to eat some vegetables! :D Lily is sure looking forward to kindergarten starting up soon! Just one month away...


No comments:
Post a Comment