Sunday, December 18, 2011

A missing tooth

Caleb lost his first tooth... yup, my little one year old.  He is notorious for falling and getting goose eggs on his forehead but this week he did one better.  He fell and cracked his front tooth right in half across the nerve.  I rushed him to the dentist.  She said it must be extracted so it doesn't get infected and cause further damage to the nerve and permanent tooth.  So... they strapped him to a board to keep him from moving and pushed me out of the room.  I don't think you usually see a mom bawling in the dentist waiting room, now wonder everyone was staring at me.  Then they brought him out to me, with one missing tooth.  Hopefully it grows on me... right now it just breaks my heart.
 Hard to really see from this picture but where the blood line is on his tooth is where it cracked all the way across. 
 Can you see my new smile?
I'm still a cute boy, I promise!

He's been a bit uphappy the past few days so hopefully he can cheer up for Christmas, or at least the parts in the car! :)  We love you Caleb!

No comments: