Sunday, June 17, 2012

Family Reunion

I took the kids up to Utah this week for a family reunion.  We had a fun time camping (and luckily slept in a local motel at night). :)  The kids had so much fun playing with cousins, getting dirty, doing crafts, hiking, riding bikes, and getting dirty.  Caleb was difficult at times but did pretty well considering he was out of his routine and comforts.  One day we even got to go horseback riding.  Lily was the only one that did it in our family but she had such a fun time.  She even got to go twice and for a really long time.  She says horses are her "actual favorite animal, then dogs, then dolphins."  It was fun to see her do something new and really enjoy it.  Isaac wouldn't even give it a thought.  He said no and wanted to go wait in the hot truck and color pictures.

Here is a video:
Caleb loved playing with all the dogs.  He would grab at them, try to sit on them and most of all try to give them hugs.  It was really cute to see.

We also learned some square dancing, painted a stick horse, made dream catchers, roasted smores, played in a stream, and went on a long hike (I turned around half way since I had tired Isaac and Caleb in a stroller, but Lily went all the way to the top and looked out at the valley.  She said it was pretty cool.)  We were so glad my nephew Micha was able to be there with us too!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After the reunion we drove up to visit my sister since she wasn't able to come down to the reunion.  The kids had so much fun playing with their cousins.  We also went to the zoo and saw some cool animals.   Their favorite thing was this large elephant structure that squirt water.  Here is a video:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

It's nice to be home and spend Father's Day with Tommy.  I'm so grateful that my kids have him for a dad. He is my best friend after all, I think I picked a good one for them. ;)  I'm thankful for my dad who taught me so many things and always showed he loved me through little things.

No comments: