Sunday, March 16, 2008

Biggest Birthday Bash Ever!


On Saturday we had a really fun party with Lily and all of her friends. It ended up being 12 kids ages 2-4, a 5 year old, and two 10-year-olds. I was lucky enough to have FOUR awesome moms there to help me, along with our videographer Tommy. As crazy as it was, the kids all had a lot of fun. We had our front room set up with a couple kitchen sets, some little tables with tea sets, and a few shopping carts to keep them busy between activities. In the kitchen we put two big nursery tables that are low to the ground for all of our cooking activities. All the kids looked so cute in their aprons that I made (Thanks for your help Terri!) and I have gotten many nice complements from friends that they are continuing to enjoy their aprons after the party.

First we decorated our chef's hats. This took longer than I had envisioned so I wish I would have put them together before the party. Then we rolled out biscuit dough with little rolling pins and made little pizzas. While they cooked we passed out the skewers and fruit and make yummy fruit kabobs. After the lunch we played a quick game of "hot balloon". The kids each took turns wearing two oven mitts and carrying balloons across the room while we all counted and cheered them on. Pretty simple game but the kids seemed to really enjoy it. Then we got to decorate cupcakes and Lily's favorite part... eat the frosting. She got so many fun gifts from her friends too. Thank you so much to everyone that came! We are so lucky to have so many friends!

1 comment:

Monica said...

okay.. that is the cutest party idea ever. I LOVED the aprons and hats.. looked like a blast.. definately post more pictures!