The Girl was so funny in the waiting room at the doctor's office today. After playing in the children's area for awhile she decided she wanted to sit by me and look at a book. Well, one of the pages was torn so she asked me for tape. I told her to go ask the lady at the desk for some. She went to another woman waiting and asked her for tape. She said she didn't have any, of course. So The Girl went to another woman... she pointed her in the direction of the front desk... but The Girl thought she meant one of the women that had just came in the door and was waiting in line at the desk. When The Girl asked this third woman for some tape and was denied, she got a little sad faced and walked away... but that woman quickly ushered her back and helped her get tape from the front desk. She ran back to me so excited to have a fixed book.
Next she decided to go through my purse and find some gum. She always shares her gum with me when she gets out a piece... even though I may not want it. Well, today she decided to bring some to another woman waiting to see the doctor. She said "no thank you" but The Girl made her take it anyways. She held it in her lap and said "thank you" but The Girl just stood by her, waiting. She said "chew it." Then the woman laughed a bit and said "oh, you want me to chew it, okay," and put it in her mouth. I heard another woman say, "No need to read a magazine. She is much more entertaining."The Girl is also learning too much about the other steps to being at the doctor's office... including the routine urine sample. When entering the restroom she informs me that she does not need to use the potty but that I need to go potty in the cup. And I need to put my name on it. "Write (M) on the cup, Mama," she said. Oh boy, too smart and observant!


1 comment:
Your site is so much fun to look at Melonie! I love the "Lily says it best column". Thanks for sharing. What an adorable little girl you have!
Tammisty
Post a Comment