Saturday, May 31, 2008

My First Garden



If only I took before and after pictures... this whole area was WEED CITY. T has worked really hard (with a little help) to clean up the weeds and sort out the plants. The previous owners had planted some herbs and strawberries. T planted a few tomato plants and The Girl and I planted some carrot seeds. Anyone know what the purple flowering plant is? Some kind of herb? The strawberries taste DELICIOUS!


On the other side of the house we have a similar size garden (WEED CITY #2) that we are still working on. It has grape vines and raspberry plants. The Girl wants to plant some green beans there too. Hopefully we get that side up and running shortly. I don't like working in the dirt or pulling up the weeds, but I'm excited to see the benefits of having my own garden.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Impressive! That is so great that you guys are starting a garden. Looks like a lot of work, but definately will be so nice to have some of your own yummy produce. Looks like you are going to have quite the variety too.