

1) We conquered swimming lessons! The Girl had a few rough times this week but overall did much better than last week! She got more used to putting her face in the water while swimming with the teacher and even went all the way under on her own many times while standing on the steps. The last day of class each kid got to pick their favorite thing to do. When the teacher asked The Girl what was her favorite thing to do, she said "painting." The teacher clarified and asked what her favorite thing to do at swim class and I thought she would say, "get candy" but she said "swimming like Ariel with fins (not something they do) and kicking." The teacher was quick to decide they would kick with the kick board, which The Girl enjoyed so much she said she wanted to go again.
2) Nature Center: This week we went to a fun Nature Center that highlights native animals and plants. There was a nice little educational display building and a nature walk. The coolest part were these viewing windows into the river. It was fun to see the huge trout and other fish in the river. It was a nice time with our friends too.


3) Service for Family Group: A new friend of mine started a service for family group where you work on serving other members of your family. It was our first get together and The Girl made a cute card, decorated a clear plastic plate, and the older kids made service coupons for their siblings. It was a great idea and a really fun get together with friends.
4) Watching our baby fish. It is so cool to watch the mother coral the fish in at night and then let them swim in a school during the day. In the morning I can't find any fish because the mom has made them all stay against the rocks for safety during the night. It will be interesting to come back in a week and see how much they have grown!
5) Sweet friend! I love all my sweet friends that do so much for me. Isn't it soo nice when a friend does something really unexpected? One friend brought over a really nice present for The Girl, full of things to do in the car for our drive today. I just couldn't believe it. She is really excited to open it and watch the new Strawberry Shortcake DVD. I hope I can think of something unexpected for my friends in the future. This was a great idea!
And a bonus 6) I'm going on vacation! I get to see all my family and spend a fun relaxing week away from home. I'm sure by week's end I will be ready to get home and back on a normal (nap) schedule but I will definitely want to spend more time with my family. I hope the week goes by slow!


1 comment:
Hey Melonie! Have fun on your trip with your family. Hope it is relaxing! I love the pictures and your new blog background. I also love reading Lily talk.. always makes me laugh. Also, LOVED the birthday email with Lily. Thank you!
Post a Comment