Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lasik day!

Tommy had Lasik surgery on both his eyes today. I got to watch the whole procedure. It was pretty cool.

Here he is just before... last time wearing his glasses!

Here are some shots just after the surgery. Notice how he is clutching this stuffed fish... he was trying to be all "man" about it when the nurse handed it to him but I think he was glad to have it. During the suction and cutting of the cornea, I saw his feet flex up and the fish got a good, tight hug.

After the surgery the Valium was kicking in and he felt very mellow and calm. He called his mom and his co-worker on the drive home and I was cracking up at him slurring his words and saying silly things. I wish I had recorded it or something. His bug eye shields are soo cool. He gets to wear them all day today and sleep with them all week. Lucky!
No pain, little discomfort, and improved vision already. Sure is amazing! Seems like a great success. We'll see what the doctor thinks in the morning.

1 comment:

Kirsti said...

yay!! how exciting tommy!! I know dad says its the best thing he's ever done! (besides marrying mom of course. and having me.)