1) My wedding day... of course on my top 10 would be the day I remember my face hurting soo bad from smiling soo much. I did have one stressful, almost in-tears moment, but who doesn't on their wedding day. I had the perfect wedding ceremony and a beautiful reception. My Open House is included in my memories of this day, even if it was a week later because I got to wear my dress again and be surrounded with similar feelings of love and happiness from family and friends.
2) My first session at the temple... a very special, sacred day and also very happy. I remember feeling "this is what heaven will feel like" because I was surrounded by family that loved and supported me so much and the most amazing, wonderful, peaceful feeling.
3) A special date Tommy took me on before he left on his mission. He took me to a beautiful waterfall and read me the sweetest, and ONLY, poem he had written for me. He gave me a beautiful promise ring. I remember feeling so special and loved and happy. :D
4) The day I got engaged to Tommy... I was not expecting it since his sister had just gotten married a couple days before and we were about to leave to go back to school. He had planned a little picnic in a beautiful courtyard on the local college campus and had his friends set it up. He had some sparkling cider but no way to open it. :) He had a box of my favorite Godiva chocolates and inside that box was a little Tiffany's box with my ring in it. I remember getting back to his parents house just as his dad was getting home and I was soo excited I tackled him on the front lawn. I didn't even realized he had bags of groceries in his hands... more sparkling cider and desserts! :)
5) The day I won a prize for my 8th grade science fair project. I was so proud of myself. I won $50! My project was on your eye's blind spot. Silly... I know, but I was really happy.
6) Christmas mornings growing up. I had the best Christmas mornings. I don't remember one specific one but they were all amazing and and wonderful and full of surprise and excitement so I had to include them. I picture coming into the room with the lit up tree in the dark of the early morning and seeing the big pile of white presents. Santa always wrapped in white tissue paper and it looked soo magical.
7) The day I brought Lily home from the hospital. I remember feeling so overwhelmed and happy at the same time. It was also the day my sister got married so I was thinking about her all day and what a happy day it was for her and I. I couldn't believe this sweet little baby belonged to me and was all my responsibility.
8) College Graduation Day! I had actually done it... I remember thinking so many times my freshman year that it would be okay if I didn't finish, it may just not be for me. I got extra motivation and strength from Tommy my sophmore year that helped me push through the tough classes and enjoy my major classes. I remember walking across the stage thinking, "wow, I'm never going to forget this." And there in the audience was my little baby Lily with my family, cheering for me.
9) My family went on a vacation to Hawaii after my Freshman year at college. It was so much fun to enjoy such a beautiful place with them. We enjoyed a day at the Polynesian Culture Center and ate lots of delicious pineapple! :-D I got sunburned really bad on the back of my legs when we went snorkeling. I can't wait until I can go back with Tommy someday!
10) Today... yep, I don't have a specific day that I remember my kids doing something out of the ordinary, wonderful for me but each day they do little things that make me remember how happy life is to be a mother. I remember giving Lily her first bath with my mother. I remember moving into my first house with my baby Isaac just one week old. I remember watching Lily learn to ride her first bike with training wheels. I can't wait to meet my newest son or daughter. And I know there will be lots of memories in the future with these fun kiddos of mine.








2 comments:
I love this! I'm sure that today will be one of your happiest days too! Can't wait to meet this cute baby boy! Love you!
You must've had a feeling that you'd have another special day soon!
Post a Comment