Monday, June 20, 2011

School's Out for the Summer!

To celebrate the end of school, I drove down to California for a few days away from hot 110 deg. temperatures.  The kids did pretty well in the car for the three hour drive so I was glad it wasn't any longer.  We got to go to Huntington Beach.  Lily LOVED collecting seashells and even found 3 sand dollars.  Isaac loved playing in the sand and watching the seagulls.  Caleb was a bit grumpy but eventually went to sleep for a little while.  We saw lots of dolphins and had a great time with Grandma Shauna, Lanie, and Terri! I got a bad sunburn and read the second Twilight book. :D
A Big Thanks to Grandpa and Grandma Boucher, we were able to go to the San Diego Safari Park.  The kids and I had such a great time seeing all the animals on the Safari Tram, feeding the birds, riding the carousel, and picking a little "treasure" from the gift shop.  Lily picked a little baby white tiger, which she carries around with her constantly.  Isaac picked an elephant on a stick... the claw, moving mouth head toy thing... don't know what those are called.  Caleb got a book about baby elephants that is soo cute.
Caleb learned to pull himself up to stand and he learned how to clap! He also bonked his head a ton while we were there. Poor little guy!

No comments: