Thursday, September 1, 2011

Music and Art Preschool

I started a little preschool project with Isaac and some friends this week.  One day a week we will get together and do music and a fun art project.  Today we had some fun singing, dancing, playing with maracas, tambourines, drums and bean bags.  I was surprised to find how LITTLE time and how MUCH energy this part takes.  It was fun to be silly though, I think I have missed that since Lily was that little.  Isaac had a blast.

Before art time, we read Rainbow Fish and Hooray for Fish.  Then we used liquid watercolors (so much better than the cakes) to paint an ocean.  The kids practiced filling the whole paper with paint.  I heard "I'm done" a lot and would come check and find more white spaces for them to fill in.  As the ocean scenes dried we covered a print out fish by gluing on tissue paper and aluminum foil scales.

I think they turned out awesome.  Isaac was soo proud to show his dad when he got home.  He can't wait until we have school again with all his friends!
 
 

No comments: