Sunday, October 23, 2011

Caterpillars and Butterflies

This week in preschool we read The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  Then we made pictures of the caterpillar using tissue paper circles.  It was fun to show the layers of tissue paper and have the kids draw their own legs and hair on their caterpillars.  Lily did this art project in kindergarten and it was so cute I had to repeat it.  Then I had them add the caterpillar's favorite food.

 Last week I had them paint a big sheet with fun textured roller brushes.  Then after they dried I cut out a bunch of butterflies from their paper.  So today they painted a canvas with a bright color and glued their butterflies on with glue dots, bending the wings up a little to give it dimension.   They turned out soo cute!  Some kids put them all into rows and others put them all over their canvas.

2 comments:

Jarad said...

We love our butterfly picture. We found a great home for it!

Kirsti said...

Fun! What a great idea to punch out the picture.