Friday, April 6, 2012

Sewing School

This week for spring break I was able to teach a beginning hand sewing class at my local rec center.  I had 7 girls sign up and brought Lily along too.  It was such a fun class.  We met for two hours each day during the week and I had a fun project planned for each day.  It was a little hard for some girls to get the project complete in just two hours and they rarely finished them at home like I was planning; so by Friday, some had stacked up quite a few projects to finish.  I tried to show each girl a small sewing machine demonstration on Friday as well.  Each one of the girls told me what a fun time they had learning to sew.  We made a felt apple pin cushion, a cute half apron with a button and ruffle, a pillow with reverse applique and blanket-stitch binding, a cute yo-yo flower headband, a name banner, and a drawstring bag.
 
 
 
 
 
The funnest part was watching Lily learn a new skill.  She was soo proud of the projects she completed! I really want to come up with more things for us to do together at home.  :)

1 comment:

Kirsti said...

How fun! What a great variety of projects!!