Sunday, April 29, 2012

So Proud of Lily

Last Friday, Lily graduated from a level 3 reader.  I'm so proud of her.  She is now reading 4th grade level books.  We are reading "The Tale of Despereaux" together and we are talking about new vocabulary she finds and I think it is just awesome!  She gets to have lunch with her principal for graduating this level.  She's pretty stoked about that.  Here she is going down the row giving her classmates high fives.  So cute!
  
On Saturday Lily auditioned for a big play.  They had a dance number the kids had to learn.  It had a lot of head banging and air guitar and fist pumping.  She wasn't too good at it but definitely did her best.  Then they each sung a song.  She practiced really hard on Skyscraper by Demi Lovato.  I think she did awesome.  Hopefully we will hear back in the next few days.  It would be a lot of practice this summer but a great experience for her in a real production.

Here is her audition video if you want to watch.  Sorry it is a little hard to hear her at the beginning.  It gets better.

1 comment:

Tiffy Ann said...

What a good audition! I wouldn't have been able to do it. :)