Yup, it happened against my will and better judgement... I turned 30. I was not ready or looking forward to it. I can't explain the feeling. I just couldn't be excited about it, even though I knew my husband had some fun things planned for my big day. We met for lunch on the strip and after I saw him and sat down at the table I heard a voice behind me say, "Happy Birthday". Figuring it to be the waitress, I turned around and was soo shocked to see my great friends Karissa and Rob, from Idaho. It was a huge shock and I just cried a few tears of joy that it wasn't a dream and they were actually right there in front of me. :)
It reminded me of a couple years ago when Tommy had to travel on my birthday (we had celebrated it the weekend before he left, but that night I was alone). After the kids had gone to bed there was a knock on my door and in entered a bunch of my sweet friends with sweet desserts in hand to share. It was the perfect surprise and just what I needed to help me have a great memorable birthday. I didn't think it could be topped, but THIS surprise was amazing. I just love how my friend Karissa makes me feel. She brings out the best self in me in a very similar way that Tommy does. I don't think I will ever find a match like her. :) We got to spend the afternoon playing pinochle (a card game they taught us) and talking.
Later that evening Tommy had invited some friends over to help us celebrate. We played in the pool, ate some yummy pizza, and played some fun games together. Lily sliced her foot open but luckily we didn't have to take her in for stitches. We played some good rounds of Mafia too (one of my favorite group games). I'm so glad I have such good friends here in Las Vegas now. I felt very loved and special. Isn't that what birthdays are for?
On Sat. we had some more relaxing time and pinochle, along with a ward party, then a big date night out with Karissa and Rob as well as another couple that we know from Idaho that live here in Vegas. We went to see Mystere, a Cirque de Soleil show. It was amazing! Definitely the best show in Vegas. I just loved every minute of it!
I'm soo lucky to have such a wonderful husband. From the second I saw Karissa at lunch I knew 30 wasn't going to be so bad and that I just needed to count my blessings for all the wonderful things I have in my life. It's going to be a good year!
Sunday, May 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment