On Sunday after Christmas, T, I and the kiddos flew to Dallas, TX. Flying with two little kids is so much work, even with T there to help! You would think the hardest part is keeping your kids quiet and un-bothersome to all the people around you for a good duration of your flight but actually getting through airport security is really half the battle! My sister-in-law was supposed to have had her baby before we got there, but the little guy decided not to come early or on time.... so, instead of relaxing and baby watching... we did LOTS of walking. We walked around the park, to new parks, around the neighborhood before bed, at the mall, anywhere we could to try to get the baby to come. We walked so much, by the time I got home I noticed that my shoes broke! Oh man, guess I have to go get a new pair (if I were rich, I would have lots of shoes cause I love them). Anyways... she finally started having some contractions and went to the hospital on Dec. 30th. She wasn't making any progress after 12 hours or something so they were looking for reasons to induce her. After a sonogram they decided her fluid level was a "little low" and they could induce. Well, after 5 more hours she was only dilated to an 8 and the baby's heart rate dropped dramatically so they rushed her in to an emergency c-section (just in time to get her tax break!) I was so happy I was able to go and help her get ready to come home from the hospital. It was definitely a different vacation. I can't imagine how hard a c-section birth is on a mother!
Well... we finally flew out of Dallas on Saturday night but had to go through Denver. In Denver, not only did I have to share a plane with a TON of Utah Ute fans coming home from the Sugar Bowl... but we had to wait an extra hour for them to get there because their flight from New Orleans was delayed. That made our arrival time into Salt Lake 12:30 in the morning. We got back to my parents house and loaded up the car. T wanted to go ahead and drive at night while the kids slept. We left their house around 2:30 and drove into town at 7:30 a.m. YUCK! I will never say "yes" to doing that again. It was so hard to keep my eyes open for the hour that I drove to give T a break. The kids did sleep the whole time and until 11:30, so we all got to get a few hours of sleep before Church. Well after getting the kids to bed Sunday night at 7, T and I went to bed at 7:30. It felt so great to wake up at 8:30 Monday morning! Whew. What a weekend! Now look at the mess I get to clean up:




1 comment:
Oh, WOW! What a story. That sounds EXHAUSTING. I HATE all of the work that comes with coming home. I feel for you. What a pile of clothes to put away!!! AND POOR Kirsti! How scary. I am glad to hear that she and the baby are doing okay. I hope that her recovery goes well and that she feels better soon.
Post a Comment