Monday, September 20, 2010

Teeth

I hate teeth... therefore it may not be that surprising that I hate dentists (sorry Kyle and Devin). How am I supposed to trust one dentist's opinion when they have no way of showing me evidence? They could say I have 3 cavities and I have to pay $600 to get them filled and I just have to trust that they are right. I also hate my teeth genes, thanks mom and dad. I feel no matter how well I take care of my teeth, I still have problems. I have a great 5 year old that loves to brush her teeth. She doesn't drink soda and I try as hard as a mom can to limit sweets during the day. Well, she has 4 cavities and had to get her first crown today... at age 5. Isn't that sad? It just makes my heart ache, and thanks to pregnancy hormones on overload, I'm sad I am not a better mother to her to have prevented this. Guess it is past time to look into dental insurance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear you on that. my son had to have a tooth removed, a back molar, b/c a cavity got really big and the tooth had to come out. :(