Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of First Grade

And real life has finally begun for Lily... the First Grade!  She had a pretty good day, all in all.  I heard some ups and downs but I think she mostly enjoyed it though the new routine will take some getting used to. It will be much more enjoyable when it cools off so she can enjoy her time at recess.  Here are some pics from today:
Her alarm was set for 7 a.m.  At 7:05 she came down stairs looking like this:
We had a nice breakfast of eggs and bacon... which she barely touched.  But it was nice to actually eat breakfast together as a family, on a weekday!

Here is her first-day-of-school lunch (in her cool GoGreen lunchbox)!  We had one uncrustable sandwich leftover from Lake Powell, some Doritos, carrots, cookies, pink lemonade, and a frozen go-gurt.  (guess what, she ate it all except the carrots, which are her favorite at home.)
Here is the necessary "photo by the front door" shot:
Here is Lily with Isaac right outside her new school.  Isaac had a hard time dropping Lily off.  He kept saying, "I miss Lily."
This is the look Lily gave me just before entering her classroom... she was a little clingy, but nothing more.  She walked in and gave her teacher a hug and found her desk.  I think Lily made a friend with the girl sitting next to her in class.  Hopefully more friends, friend's names and happy memories come in the next months ahead!

For dinner I made Lily's favorite: RIBS
Plus we had "first-day-of-first-grade cupcakes" to celebrate.  :)

3 comments:

Mikki said...

Sweet!! You're such a good mommy Melanie!! That lunch looks fantastic, and I really dig her lunchbox! I need inspiration for packing my kids' lunches.

Which school is she going to?
I'm so glad you have a blog and that you mentioned it on Facebook. I love to visit and get to know you better through your blog.
Hope she has a great second day today!

Jarad said...

That sad look is so funny because she is always seems so brave!
--Rochelle

Monica said...

Where did you get that lunch box?? I love it! You are such a cute mom! Way to make her feel special on her first day.