Today we went swimming at a local pool. The kids had a blast and I enjoyed watching them swim. Caleb loved the gradual depth pool though he still stuck his face all the way in a few times. I don't think he drank as much water as he did at the splash park though. At one point I was sitting on the edge watching Lily to my right in the deeper end and Isaac jumping in on my left into the shallower end. Isaac was climbing out and jumping back in over and over, then he decided to walk behind me and go jump right into the deep end where Lily was swimming. It wasn't much deeper, since Lily could touch but I jumped up to grab him at first, thinking "there is no way he can touch there." Well, he just swam right to the edge, and jumped in again. I couldn't believe it. After I grabbed him the second time and told him how proud I was that he was swimming he didn't want to do it again. I really think he thought he had his life jacket on since he swims with it all the time at home. He's such a cute boy... totally getting bigger each week. Lily was super brave and went down the big slide at least 3 times. She was nervous to not be able to wear her goggles but she swam great at the bottom and enjoyed the ride. Ah, success!
Tommy had a birthday last weekend and we were lucky to have his sister and brother in law drive through town and spend the night with us. After Tommy's 19 mile run and some pumpkin waffles, we went to see the sharks. I love that we have an annual pass there so we can just get what we want out of each visit and go home. Later I made Tommy his favorite lasagna dinner. Caleb had his first bites of lasagna and I think he is a fan, though I haven't really found a food he won't eat. ;) Then we had a couple friends over to celebrate a low key night with us, cherry chocolate cake and homemade strawberry peach ice cream. It was a great day and I hope Tommy felt how much we love him!
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
My Jason is fearless in the pool. Scares the tar out of me sometimes because he hasn't had any lessons yet.
Isaac is such a sweet little boy. I love having him in nursery.
Post a Comment