Friday, July 11, 2008

Peter Pan Influence

The Girl has been watching Peter Pan a lot this week. Today at the park, The Girl met a little boy, probably four years old.

"Hi, I'm Ethan. Will you be my friend? I'm really cool."

After convincing The Girl that she would have more fun playing with Ethan than us, she ran off to play. For over twenty minutes, in between her playful screams and squeals, The Girl was repeatedly saying, "Off to Neverland! Off to Neverland!" T and I were both convinced that Ethan must not have seen Peter Pan yet.

The Girl: "Off to Neverland."
Ethan: "Me too! I'm never going to land!"
The Girl: "Off to Neverland."
Ethan: "Up to No Land!"
The Girl: "Off to Neverland."
Ethan: "Off to Safety Land!"
The Girl: "Off to Neverland."
Ethan: "Look there is land, over here!"

It was pretty funny to stand back and watch them. She had such a great time trying to get him to help her climb up the slides, which she does perfectly on her own. He would say to her (on numerous occasions), as she playfully cried out for help, "Climb up the stairs. It's not harder than the slide."

No comments: