Monday, September 14, 2009

Fall Time Favorites SWAP

Why do we love the Fall time? I love the smell of the cooler air and actually enjoying the day outside. I remember the excitement I felt when I was younger for the beginning of a new school year. Oh yes, and I absolutely love all the fun holidays we have coming... Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas! Here are twenty things I love about Autumn:

1. Stew, Chili, and Crock Pot Meals... oh, and corn bread!
2. Hot Tub Time
3. Watching football snuggled up to my husband
4. Fires in fireplaces (hopefully do that this year!)
5. New seasons of favorite TV shows (super silly, I know)
6. Wearing cute jackets and warm socks (goodbye flip flops, I'll miss you)
7. Shaving legs less often, warm welcome to slim fit jeans
8. Crunching and raking fall leaves
9. Coming into a warm house on a cold night
10. Pie... pumpkin, cherry, peach, berry, soo yummy.
11. Starting a new good book
12. Family fun outings and traveling
13. Pumpkin patches and pumpkin carving
14. Cute flannel pajamas on the kids
15. The smell of cinnamon
16. Adding another quilt on the bed
17. Caramel apples
18. Baking cookies to give to friends
19. Feeling of warmth
20. Cherished moments with family and friends

I also LOVE Fall decorations... I think because you get to leave them up for much longer than most other decorations, which is why I'm really excited about my sister-in-law's Fall Swap!



I hope you will join in on the fun. Costing you only $15 and you get to get a fun fall decoration, craft, treat, SURPRISE! in return! Head on over to her site to enter... maybe you will get a special surprise from me... :D

I think my front porch could use some fall inspiration. Any ideas for me? I love my blue door but my front porch really has no character. I want it to feel welcoming, warm, and friendly. Maybe I need to head over to my favorite Home Goods store for a shopping spree. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty fall flowers would look sooo good with your blue door!

Monica said...

Reading your list made me excited for fall. I too LOVE fall and don't worry we also enjoy the new seasons of our favorite TV shows. What a great list!