1) First, a funny Girl talk for you from this morning. The Girl sat down to eat her breakfast and randomly said, "If I see a skunk in our house I will shoo it away. That will help me eat better."
2) At preschool on Thursday, I had the kids glue Applejacks onto a piece of paper in the shape of a big A and little a. The Girl was very specific in what color of Applejacks she wanted. She did one side of her big A in orange and the other side in green and a few green in specific places on her little a. I thought it was so cute about how creative she was being. It made me wonder about what talents she will develop as she gets older. She's growing up!3) T has been running almost every day the past couple weeks. The Girl really wants to run as fast as her dad. It is so cute to see her doing stretches with him and jumping up and down with him right before he leaves. She tries so hard to run down the street with him but he runs so fast that he is out of sight in seconds. She comes back to me with the saddest look on her face and tells me she wants to run as fast as daddy. We went to the park yesterday while T ran around the park. The Girl would run over to meet him at the track each time he came around then would run after him for a little while yelling, "Daddy wait up! Daddy wait for me!" I'm sure before too long she will be running circles around her "old man."
4) The Boy's baby blessing was so wonderful. T did a great job and I felt the Spirit in his words. I will never forget when he sat down next to me after the blessing, his face was beet red from his hair all the way to his white shirt colar. I guess I hadn't thought about how nervous one might get. It seemed so simple and wonderful. I'm just thankful for the priviledge he has to give The Boy a blessing. We also had a great weekend with all our family. It was sad to see them all leave and after seeing most of them a few weeks ago in Utah it is going to be even harder to not see them for months and months.5) Motivation to get unpacked=Family coming! Yes, because we had family come last weekend we had some good motivation to get finished unpacking. We straightened out the office (though it still has craft bins and tubs piled in one corner) and it feels so much bigger. We hung a few things in the kids rooms, including these cute letter blocks that Kirsti and Amy made for me and The Boy. The Girl finally got her princess canopy hung above her bed and she has been loving that. Thanks Tom for all your help!


1 comment:
looks really great! Cute letters.
It is so fun to see what kids do, isn't it. I always feel impressed when my kids do something 'out of the ordinary'.
Thanks for the helpful tips.
Post a Comment