Thursday, September 25, 2008

First Preschool Field Trip


Today was our first preschool field trip! We had 15 kids, 5 babies, and 8 moms. We all met at Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. The kids got to watch the doughnut line, touch the dough, got a Krispy Kreme hat, and ate a free doughnut!

The Girl has a little boy friend, Roman, in her preschool group that is just the sweetest kid. He is pretty attached to The Girl too. He goes where ever she goes and loves to hold hands and give her hugs. Well, they were all in line to get their doughnuts and just as The Girl is about to get one, her hat fell off so she bent down to get it and the worker handed the doughnut to Roman instead. While The Girl got the next doughnut, I helped Roman back to the table. He just sat there looking at his doughnut. I said, "You can eat your doughnut now." He responds, "This is (The Girl)'s doughnut. I got it for her."

It was really fun for all the kids.

Next we went to the Fire Station! Here is The Girl running with her friends Roman and Perry.


First the firemen showed the kids their "home". When we all walked in to the kitchen area, The Girl says, "This room is soo pretty." Later she interrupted the fireman (still working on that) to say, "I love you fireman." Ohh boy... We are going to have to watch this girl.


Next the fireman showed them their gear and the truck. Here is my typical drama queen... she's quite the moody girl I'm scared to see her in teenage years! She was happy one second later.

Here is the fireman putting on his gear. When he had the mask on The Girl was pretty afraid of him... then he turned on his oxygen tank (to breath probably!) and it made a beeping noise which made The Girl really afraid. After he took off his mask and showed the kids it was still him they all cheered. It was cute.

Then the kids got to get in the firetruck. They walked through the back seat and sat in the front seat. Then the fireman said, "Want to see the lights?" The Girl immediately covered her ears. The fireman said he would just turn on the lights and not the loud siren. Just after he turned on the lights and I got The Girl to uncover her ears, a firetruck from behind the station pulled out all sirens blaring as they drove off to respond to a call. We all waved. It was pretty cool.

Here is The Girl with her fireman hat (they gave each of the kids) trying on the heavy fireman coat.


And the best for last... Sweet Roman putting his arm around The Girl. This wasn't just a chance shot. He did this for a good minute while I took 4 or 5 pictures behind them. Soo cute.

3 comments:

Monica said...

SO CUTE! I especially love that last picture with Roman's arm around Lily. Adorable. I miss you guys! Are you going to be in Utah in December?

Ashli Brown said...

Such fun field trips! Keeg loves krispy kreme and he hasnt even seen it when its running yet. Please let me know whenever yall are coming to Texas its been way to long since I saw yall, we were both pregos with our first kid.

wannabee free said...

pretty cute!