The Girl had her first day of preschool today! I got to teach her and three of her friends. We will get together next Thursday too and then I get three weeks off and a few hours each week to run some errands GIRL-free! I'm pretty excited about it.The Girl 's friends are so sweet and it is just the perfect little preschool group. Roman (our little boy in the group) was attached to The Girl at the hip. He asked to sit by her during circle time and asked if she would go outside with him during free play. We have a letter, color and theme for each week. This week is the letter A, the color red and Johnny Appleseed. Today we talked about apples and how they grow. We sang some fun new songs about apples, including one that my mother-in-law suggested and I had never heard. The Girl loves it. I let them pick some apples from our apples trees and cut into them to see the wormy middles. YUCK. Then we did some apple tree paintings with the apple slices. The Girl seemed to be confused on what to call me... "teacher", my name, and "mommy" were all used. It was such a fun first day!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
First Day of School
The Girl had her first day of preschool today! I got to teach her and three of her friends. We will get together next Thursday too and then I get three weeks off and a few hours each week to run some errands GIRL-free! I'm pretty excited about it.The Girl 's friends are so sweet and it is just the perfect little preschool group. Roman (our little boy in the group) was attached to The Girl at the hip. He asked to sit by her during circle time and asked if she would go outside with him during free play. We have a letter, color and theme for each week. This week is the letter A, the color red and Johnny Appleseed. Today we talked about apples and how they grow. We sang some fun new songs about apples, including one that my mother-in-law suggested and I had never heard. The Girl loves it. I let them pick some apples from our apples trees and cut into them to see the wormy middles. YUCK. Then we did some apple tree paintings with the apple slices. The Girl seemed to be confused on what to call me... "teacher", my name, and "mommy" were all used. It was such a fun first day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Darling picture. Who's that handsome boy?
Hey Melanie, I just scrolled down a little bit further and saw your linky to my blog. That's so cool. Can you make me one?
Post a Comment